Monday, September 7, 2009

2009 Healing Hearts benefit walk

I've taken the plunge and signed up for a benefit walk to support a local congenital heart defects charity. I'm not much of an athlete, so this will be a challenge for me. It's a 5 mile walk in beautiful Phillippe Park in Safety Harbor, Florida on October 10th. As many of you know, my son Joey was born with a heart defect and has had two open heart surgeries, in 2001 and 2006. I'm really looking forward to helping raise money to fund research into CHD's, and get a bit of exercise as well. Please click on the link to the right of my page and feel free to sponsor me for any amount that you would like- even $5 each from several people adds up to make a great contribution toward helping kids with CHDs. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, we love that park! By October, hopefully the humidity will be way down. The kids and I used to do the 5 mile walk for Big Brothers/Big Sisters in Logan, and it wasn't too bad. Now...it would be impossible, I'm too dang gimpy! That will be fun for you to look forward to..and do. Kids headed to "Grandpa's" today...we sure had a good visit. Emmy is a real hoot. Your folks came for supper, and it was great having them here! (Ok, your mom's deviled eggs, pickled beets and delish pickles came too, and stayed here!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. will be thinking of you this weekend...have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this post until too late to sponsor ya. How did the walk go??

    ReplyDelete