Saturday, February 25, 2012

Steady progress, no matter how small, is closer to goal!


My weigh in at Weight Watchers on Thursday night showed a 1 pound loss, for a total loss of 97.4 pounds. I'm now 2.6 pounds away from my official WW goal weight of 143. I'm really going back and forth in my mind, trying to decide if I want to keep that as my goal weight or go a little lower. When I first started WW 2 1/2 years ago, I *never* imagined that I'd get to that weight, I really just wanted to get under 200 pounds. Now that I'm so close to my goal, it almost seems like 143 isn't a low enough weight...that alternates between sounding crazy to me and sounding perfectly reasonable. I guess I'll see how long it takes to get that last 2.6 off and see how I feel about my goal weight.
Had a huge non-scale victory yesterday- we went shopping for clothes for my son's mission trip that he's taking in 3 weeks, and while he was trying things on I browsed the clearance racks. I found three pairs of pants for work that I really liked for only $9 each- the problem was that they are all size 8. I took them into the fitting room with no expectation that I would even be able to put them on at all and all three pairs fit beautifully! I guess that I still see that size 22/24 body that I had before WW, which makes it kind of hard to shop for clothes! :) So, I bought all three pairs of pants and I'll be wearing one of them to work on Monday!
Reading a lot of weight loss blogs has been really helpful in my recent WW efforts, I am really enjoying keeping up with many other weight loss bloggers- keep up the good fight, we'll all get there eventually!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment! Your perseverance has paid off, and WoW--you're in a size 8! You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you Sherrie! Slow and steady wins the race. Once you get to your weight watchers goal, enjoy what your've accomplished! It's a huge thing. You may decide to go a little lower too and that's okay but just don't beat yourself up if your body likes the weight watchers goal instead. You want it to be a weight you can easily maintain and not have the scale go up every time you eat a treat. Regardless, SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement Paige! Some of the staff at my WW meeting have been reminding me that my body may not be willing to go much lower, I'm trying to remember that. I'm in uncharted territory for me, I've never been below 147 as an adult so I'm probably freaking my "inner self" out something fierce! :)

      Delete
  3. Sherrie you are truly and inspiration to us all. I agree slow and steady wins the race. who cares how long it takes as long as you get there and you are so close to reaching that point. I think you should reach your current goal maintain for the 6 weeks to get your lifetime and if you still think you should change it to a lower number than go for it. What ever you decide make sure it is for you and you are truly happy.

    ReplyDelete